but a new issue has raised its ugly head.
i just called the school board to inform them that i had to change my flight. See, my roomie told me that there will be no one to let us into the houses on Sunday, so he has been booked into one of the hotels in the village. I hadn't seen any reason to tell the board that I had changed my flight until that time, but then I thought it would be wise, so that I would not have to sleep under the stars Sunday night. but the removals officer was less than friendly, saying that because I chose to change my flight, i would have to pay my own hotel. which i would even agree with if i changed my flight on a whim. but i didn't. i changed it first because there was no room for my dogs, and then after i'd changed it, it became clear that the movers they had hired would not be able to move me until the date of my original ticket... so i would have had to change my flight regardless of dogs. but she just kept saying it wasn't their fault i had to change and so i would have to pay TWO nights at the hotel because no one would be available until Tuesday... the day i am supposed to start work.
grr. i know this is confusing. it's confusing because it makes no sense.
but really, if they are requiring me to use their movers, which they are, then they are responsible for the fact that 1) no one called the movers in a timely manner and, 2) the movers did not call me in a timely manner. analogy: if you require me to use your phone provider, and the provider's service goes down, then you cannot fault me for not calling you. am I insane? I think I'm being perfectly reasonable. she even tried to say that they had tried and tried to call me but couldn't get through! which is bollocks because i have two numbers, both of which i gave to them, one of which has an answer machine, the other call display. and I had no missed calls. i'm frustrated that she immediately got in my face.
the north is special. they're getting good teachers, but they're treating us like shit-cattle. no wonder people don't stay! if I hadn't already sent a food crate... if I wasn't due to start in one week... I would be ripping up my contract and telling them to go experiment on themselves.
i hate that they make you sign a contract before any of the details become clear. it's frustrating and must be legally reprehensible. it isn't fair when you sign a contract that says you will accept a roommate 'if necessary' only because you are being assured by your principal that there is lots of housing and you will not need to share.
Monday, August 28, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
haha... just read my horoscope. yes, I know I know... but you can be sure that it's fun and funny. Once, it said, "Something has cracked." That's it.
Anyway: here's today's: I especially like the use of the word unimportant.
Aries
Some unimportant facts are stretching your endurance almost to breaking point. But given the positive potential of your current situation, you're best advised to not let the devil in the details scare you off.
Post a Comment