Sunday, August 06, 2006

xxx

sorry I didn't write yesterday. I was still reeling in shock from my house-man situation. I think I may say flat out that they need to change the arrangement or I won't come. I'm not sure if I could follow through on that, but I think it would be beyond unwise to live with a man. It would be anti-wise. It would actually remove wisdom from the regions close by.

And it's not cuz I'm escared of mens. I likes 'em.

It's because I'm wary of more of the dangerous harassment situation from Aupaluk. yikes. that was dangerous.

so what's new... my mom saw my 3-beers picture. she thought it's cute.

today I dyed lesley's hair. it was fun. we talked like girlfriends should. and we ate poppy corn. her kernels are indeed the whitest I have ever seen. they were blinding. I also worked. I think I'm getting tired of working at the store, although I'll be sad to lose that quirky little nerd community from my day. I wonder which of my daily habits I've gotten so used to that I have forgotten how to be without them.

Like, when I was in Aupaluk I had daily routines of looking out across the bay in a certain way, or walking a certain route to the co-op, or taking tea with Sheila. And I didn't factor the loss of those routines into my prep for going south. There are little things that keep be grounded here that I have forgotten to account for. I won't know how much I am relying on them until I don't have them any more.

No comments: