Thursday, August 03, 2006

duh Duh DUH!

ok, brace yourselves.

I spoke to territory housing today. At the moment, they have me slated to live not alone, as I was promised by the principal, but with a ROOMMATE. A MAN whom I have never met. We've been paired up because we both have dogs.

I ask myself: WHAT ARE THEY SMOKING? Putting a young-ish single woman with two dogs into a house with a young/old single man? When they've never met? Hi, anyone ever heard of gossip? This could put me behind an 8-ball that I never get away from as long as I'm there. Once a woman's reputation is tarnished in a town, it stays tarnished, and she becomes an easy target for harassment.

I'm a bit disappointed in the housing staff. They should have thought it through better. Now that I've pointed out the possible looming disaster, they are looking into it, and hopefully they will find a good solution. There are men in the North who really live it up, and I'd rather not being living with such a man. I'm glad that I called!

I'm also disappointed... I would have much preferred to live alone. Then again, stuff is different in the north. Maybe the company will be good.

In related news, my departure date is set for August 31. Yikes. There it is, waiting for me at the end of the month!

4 comments:

yelsel said...

oh man, that sux! sorry to hear about their mental problems and lack of foresight...

:(

devious said...

yeah. I hope one of two things happen: either he's young, gorgeous, single and not an asshole, OR they find me a different place.

Anonymous said...

WOAH. That is effing crazy, that they would think that would be ok without even asking you. That is NUTS. I mean, it might turn out to be totally fine, but that's a hell of a thing to assume!

-anne

devious said...

it really is. I'm really surprized at them.