you know what's my magic number? 63. yep. when i was north before, my life had a very 63 theme. my phone ended with 63, my mailbox was 63, my hockey number was 63 (even though I didn't play hockey), my IQ dropped to 63... ok that last one was a joke.
anyway, this is post #63 for me. can you even believe it?
ok. I'm exhausted, so this will be short. I cannot believe the chaos that exists in the week before a big departure. I feel loved because so many people want a piece of my time. But I'm running short of time, and I have to fill a lot of it with boring drudge work. I won my battle of hotel costs with the school board, but it left me feeling shaken and defensive. You shouldn't have to fight your employer before you even begin work.
tomorrow is the funeral part 1. then part 2 is on wednesday. and the movers are coming at 8 am on thursday. omg... I don't know how I will survive the next 3 days. I'm so tired I'm nauseous.
on that note, to dreamland.
Tuesday, August 29, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Yes, you shouldn't have to fight your employer... but on the other hand, you have now put them on notice that they can't just push you around with no resistance. If they're inclined to be sloppy (and always in a way that benefits them and hurts you), maybe they'll be a little less sloppy in your case because they know you will stand up for yourself.
I was so glad to hear that the possible housemate is reasonable and a smart dog owner and wants to live separately. That's such good news.
Good luck today and tomorrow. It might be a good chance to remove yourself from the chaos of your apartment and just get a good night's sleep to help in the days ahead.
-anne
dam right I wanna piece of yer time.... and a piece of your kick ass literature collection... oh ya I already got that part :) Can you say PAR-TAY??? Hope you're looking forward to Thurs nite. I find a par-tay always helps me plug thru some stress. You're doing an awesome job so far of the crazy pre-move week. I'd be such a basket case in that sitch. And the weekend chez Lissa. I'm here and looking forward to it. lb
thanks girlies :)
hope to see you all tomorrow!
Post a Comment