Friday, August 18, 2006

the hobbit

aka 'there and back again'

also I believe i may begin to walk like a hobbit tomorrow - shorter because I'll be hunched over with pain. :P

My goods are on a skid at the port near Montreal. I got back several hours ago, and have been asleep, but then the dogs woke me, so I thought I'd write my post now. The drive was long. Not because it needed to be long, but because I left the directions on my bed. Oops. And then, after I'd stopped at the tourist centre on the Quebec-Ontario border and gotten directions, I got lost, terribly, in the quaint little port town. Just a note to anyone vising that quaint little town: they do not post street names at major intersections. You need to make your turn and continue to the first non-major intersection to find out what street you've just turned on to. In total, I spent half an hour driving about quaint little port town. I was very late for my appointment, but once I finally arrived at the port and got through the red tape, the loading guys were a lot of fun.

I totally meant to take a picture of my van full of food. But I forgot my camera along with my directions. haha. I'm so "organized," eh, Anne? Just to give you a mental picture, my skid's base is 4 feet by 6 feet and the boxes are stacked about 3 or 3 and a half feet high. About two cubic metres, like I projected. Yay me! haha... do you like how I totally crossed metric-imperial lines without any warning whatsoever? I'm tricky like that. It's like... ya, I know they're different, but why can't we all just get along?? I'm glad I got the van. If I'd had a smaller vehicle, the gas would have been more efficient, and the vehicle would have looked fuller, but the big open space inside the van gave me a good place to sort and pack my boxes. A good thing since my apartment is tiny.

I think that's my story for now. I won't be posting this weekend, as I am making a trip south of the border for a certain wedding-related do. (no, not mine. crazy people. I don't get "married.") I'm not getting you a present at this point because a) no time!!! and b) hello - can get a way cooler thing where I'm going.

And now I can add this to my CV without feeling like a liar. Comfortable driver of a 12 foot cargo van.

Have a good weekened

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh hello hello, I have finally found your blog. Have fun in dc.... I wanted to hang out today but you're not here... so see you next week!

devious said...

poops! sorry to have missed you :( but will see you soon, punkin.