it's official - i'm giving up on the f@!king photos. stupid blogspot won't upload them, and it's making safari crash.
ok, so the trip was lots of fun. i'll try to post my pics on my flickr and provide a link or something.
saw bon cop bad cop last night - GO SEE THIS MOVIE. It's hilarious and fantastic and so Canadian. first ever totally bilingual canadian film i think. and the language is so... perfect. it's exactly what it's like when anglo-ontarians and franco-quebecers talk. the swearing is totally authentic. you know how important high-quality profanity is to me. it could have been me and my old coworkers, except for the murder-solving aspect. ;)
check out the wiki link for common forms of quebec profanity.
ok... back to the prep: I am currently supposed to be sorting through boxes, chucking stuff out, packing stuff for storage. Indeed, I am supposed to be getting my shit together so it can be packed and shipped next week. so why am I not doing it? I think the answer lies somewhere in my procrastination method of denial. as long as my apartment looks like it currently does (imagine what it would look like if a mild tornado went through but didn't actually break anything) I can't possibly be counting down the days until I move to the arctic to live with a man whom I have never met. as the Flaming Asshole likes to tell me, maybe he will be an old, smelly bastard. perfect.
there is the rational part of me that is saying, rationally, as the rational part is wont to do, He could be perfectly nice and respectful and interesting. And even my irrational side admits that this is more likely than the old, smelly bastard hypothesis. but you only need 51% for a majority. even a 49% chance of smelly bastard is enough to make me apprehensive.
trying not to be negative here... really trying. but, to quote the trews: I'M NOT READY TO GO!
Tuesday, August 22, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
i use firefox because safari wouldn't let me load photos. try that!
thanks for the tip
Post a Comment