Tomorrow we head out to Spring Camp. I'm excited but apprehensive. Five days out on the land with all the students... that's a long time without a shower and a long time to share a honey bucket. If you don't know about honey buckets, count your blessings and forget I ever mentioned it.
I think the biggest damper on my excitement is that I've misplaced my sunglasses. I only have one pair and they are fantastic - I've had them for more than two years. It's super bright out on the land what with the sun and the snow. I really need sunglasses. Even cloudy days are blinding.
The thing is, it's not like me to lose these sunglasses. I know it's a rare thing to find a pair that fit as well as these do, and I paid a good chunk of money for them. They even stay on my face when I'm running. I know I would have put them somewhere safe when I took them off. It makes me all paranoid and suspicious in case someone took them, and I don't like feeling suspicious. Anyhow, I will have to go buy another pair - I can't be on the land for most of a week without sunglasses. I'll have sunburnt eyelids! And what about snow-blindness?
Sunday, April 29, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
i didn't realize you were going away. i didn't get the chance to respond to your email. i'm feeling all "pms crazy", i'm going to miss you while you're gone. have fun though!
just a wee update: I found the sunglasses squished between the couch cushions, and so my eyelids and retinae survived the solar radiation unharmed.
Post a Comment