Wednesday, April 18, 2007

i think i like ermines

so, my funk is continuing, but i think it's beginning to break up. much like the ice on the fjord will soon if the temperature doesn't go back down where it belongs! in any case, something neat happened in today's staff meetings. i asked one of the local staff something about the picnic at the kuulik (river) on Friday, and she told me that it was the same place as last year. and then i said, "but i wasn't here last year." and she looked so surprised! she said, "this is your first year? really?" I guess it's a nice thing for people to feel like you've always been there. Or maybe I've overstayed ;)

there are funny things written on this website.

theriouthly, people. very funny stuff. and it makes me think that, someday, i'd actually like to *have* a funny boyfriend. it's hard work always being the witty one in a relationship. of course, in my current relationship, i'm doing all the work.

you know, while i'm on the topic, i'm going to say a bunch of stuff i probably shouldn't say. like, I'm going to admit that I used to worry that people thought I was lesbian back when I didn't really date much. and I'm going to tell you that until recently, i felt like sort of a loser when i was single. and at the risk of sounding like a crazy macho feminist, i'm going to tell you that i'd much rather be single than with another deadbeat or boring boyfriend. even if it means i have to be an island and my own pep-talker. however, i would consider a non-boring, non-deadbeat, non-asshole boyfriend. he can *have* an asshole, he just can't *be* an asshole. actually, i'd really prefer he does have an asshole, since i don't much like the anal-retentive type, either.

did i mention my anti-man-with-cast-iron-pan issue? i have yet to meet a guy devoted to his cast-iron pans who isn't a bad combination of boring, anal and asshole. granted, it has been a small sample. so if you're a guy devoted to his cast-iron pan, please don't take offense. correlation does not make causation.

yes, i am still fasting.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

it's important to make the distinction between "haha" funny and "old eggs" funny. the latter type ain't sexy. to add to the as cookery discussion, i dated a guy who polished his all-clad pots and pans. i don't recommend it. and my mom thinks i'm lesbian. at least she toys with the idea when she's not trying to get me to marry my cousin.

welcome to the party,
kate

devious said...

that's so true - i think i remember hearing about mr pots-and-pans.

i'm so happy you commented. YES! I outed another lurker.

i would appreciate some clarification on "old eggs" funny. i definitely want the "haha" funny boyfriend over "old eggs"

yelsel said...

i love you. you're awesome :)