re-run season sucks.
i am thirsty like a banshee lately. how many glasses of water, juice and milk, and cups of tea can one person drink in a day? and no matter the number, i still feel thirsty. this air is dry!
next week we are taking a school trip to the arctic circle to play baseball. i'm not so sure about the baseball part, but i'll be sure to get my picture taken by the marker for y'all to see.
I came across another fantastic article in the Walrus, about dogs. It isn't a typical dog-lover article. Instead, it's pointing out the weird views we have of dogs (and possible cats?) and how we project our needs onto them. It's timely that I found this article, since I get annoyed when people refer to my dogs as my "girls" or my "fur kids" or whatever. They're dogs. They eat from a bowl on the floor, lick their own bums and bark. Dogs do that. They might be able to sense when I'm angry or sad or happy, but they don't know what to do about it. They aren't wise beings dressed in fur. They don't have anything "figured out" - questions don't even occur to them. And I don't make the mistake of thinking they replace people. I do love them, though, the little furbags.
Wednesday, April 04, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
haha, hoho, hehe. you tickled me on the inside with that one. you got some dumb cuddly mutts yo.
yaya, totally. they are so dumb sometimes... fiona's turned into a psycho-independent freakshow. she wants to sleep inside every night, even though nalu wants to sleep outside.
it's a big step for her - she used to scream so loudly if i made her be utterly alone, but she's such a wuss that she'd rather be warm and alone than cold and with nalu.
Post a Comment