Sunday, December 03, 2006

where did the weekend go?

The weekend is already over! I didn't do any work this weekend, except my November attendance records. I have nothing planned for tomorrow. I am screwed. :p

I could say that I'll go in early tomorrow, but I know I won't. so why lie?

I passed the evening with Nurse. We made cranberry chocolate cookies (thanks Melissa!), had some wine, watched the last couple of Weeds episodes. Such a good show. :) I am sad that she will leave after Christmas. My circle of friends will be cut in half. I will feel the loss very sharply I think. It sounds like it is for certain... they are having a sale next weekend to get rid of food and stuff. I find this place strange... I have no illusions that I am perfect, and I know that there will always be people who don't like me... but it feels like there is high concentration here. I feel a bit stunned, to have this many people on the fence about whether or not they like me.

I hope I'm not exaggerating... no one is writing hate mail or hiding my keys or spreading gossip or anything. they're just chilly and quiet and sort of unfriendly. not much of a community. Not that I don't have my back-row friends ;)

It is important to be able to laugh at yourself. and if someone can't laugh at him or herself, you should laugh at them until they get the hang of it.

My instinct with these tight-ass, no-fun people is to say "Fuck it," and just go about my business. I wonder if it isn't too early in the year to throw in the towel on 60 percent of the people I see every day....?

OOh... funny story... remember the little puppy who lives behind my house? I think i put up a cute pic of her back in October sometime. she's a really sweet pup, and every time I go outside, she runs up to see if I have any treats in my pockets. so this afternoon when I was leaving for school, i noticed my pups had got their leads all tangled, so i went to untangle them. i set down my can of pop and my hat on the steps to untangle them. when i went to pick them up again two minutes later, my pop was still sitting there, but that little puppy-bitch had stolen my hat! gone! my new nasak, gone away. I couldn't find it anywhere. I guess she wants to sleep on it or something.

No comments: