I think the darkness has punched a hole in my happiness. It is really dark here, like all the time.
sunrise: 9:22am
sunset: 1:04pm
That is not a lot of light. I think I would be ok with the length of the days if only I had some direct sunlight. I was told the other day that I look green. This morning I needed the light of the streetlamps to get to school. They are on 24-7 now. Not that it is totally dark... just there isn't enough light to kick them off. Kind of like those very cloudy rainy days when the lights stay on.
Something else interesting about the current slant of the earth is that the moon never sets. It's sort of interesting... just goes in a circle around the horizon all day and night. So the sun never rises, the moon never sets. Plus, it's a full moon. I would love to be out on the land tonight... everything is glowing blue. It's amazing how bright the moon can be. Makes for crappy displays of the Aurora, but enh... the lights will still be here in January.
From the Darkness...
'Cos I'm holding my own
Give or take a tear or two
I'm holding my own
No matter what I put myself through
Monday, December 04, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Chin-ups: 0
But I can hold myself up for a sort of indefinite time. and I can stop the letdown, although I can't really make any actual upward motion on the pull-up.
My arms look a teeny bit more muscly though.
I think Pepe is laughing on the inside while he's spotting me.
This is such a good goal to have! They are so unbelievably hard. Someone bet me in eighth grade that I couldn't do one, and I took him up on it because of course, you've got to be kidding me - obviously I can do them. By the dozen. Yeah - that didn't go so well.
But I am waiting for the day when you do it.
Had great cornbread and chili with Kate tonight. The cornbread was the Mexican cornbread from Fanny Farmer; whole pieces of corn (from can), cheese, and jalapeno. It was awesome - I have a new lifetime cornbread recipe.
Yeah... it is hard. I was suspicious of Pepe's one-week plan. Now I am getting suspicious of even my before-Christmas plan. It seems like it's a long way from here to actually being able to pull myself up.
Still, I will try. In spite of injury, illness, and now the gym floor being re-done. ;)
Cornbread with Kate sounds so fun!!!!! arg... when are you coming back to visit Canada? Is Kate leaving at the end of school too??
don't forget, after dec 22 the days will get longer. all the more reason to speed up december ;)
true true. you are so wise. i still feel wasteful, wishing the speedy passage of december. especially since I plan to wish for january and most of february to pass quickly, too.
Post a Comment