Back to my professional life for a little nod. So I have come to a conclusion that isn't a surprising one, unless you are me. If improvising an entire life is your style, you will probably understand this post well.
I think if I want to get the things I want in my life, I am going to have to be intentional. I don't think a good living situation will ever fall into my lap. Likewise with a good job.
It is hard, this life, because now that I shout down the people who say This is what a successful life looks like, I'm at a loss. Because now I have to design the whole fucking bloody thing myself.
There's a lot of bitching in this blog. It's because I have a lot of bitching in me. Was it a mistake to go north? Doesn't really matter, since it's done. Was I running away from something? Probably. They say everyone who goes north is running from something. It was certainly true the first time I went north, and that time it was a good choice.
The point of this evening's ramble is that this year I am going to make some New Year's Resolutions. Corny, arbitrary, and (I hope) useful this time.
I found a dead mouse under my bed.
Wednesday, December 27, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
i had a similar reaction to the vaguaries of my professional life recently (and the casting off of models that people were telling me were examples of success ... notice the slight biblical smell of "the casting off of" ... we have more in common than either of us remember sometimes, bella). my only NYR: to not be so afraid of ... life. kind of similar, i think. *virtual hug*
Post a Comment