Friday, December 15, 2006

might

Responsibility shouldn't apply to only one party - both sides of a disagreement should be represented and have power. the power is important, because when only one side has power (or veto), the other side cannot be free to represent their view. Double standards don't make sense. Even the words are an oxy moron.

I am happy to have this week over, finally. We have a dinner on Saturday for the staff of both schools. Am I a Grinch because I don't like enforced Christmas festivities? Just call me Ms. Scrooge.

I was playing with words earlier, and I thought I'd look up a few words that I already know in the dictionary. Sometimes it's neat, because I will find that I've been using certain words a little bit wrong, or I'll suddenly understand a new aspect to a word. For example, I looked up shy today, and some of the synonyms or alternate meanings were diffident and circumspect. I had thought diffident meant something like aloof, or standoffish. In fact it is quietness caused by low self-esteem. Circumspect is sort of like hesitation while gathering information to form an accurate view - rather like looking at something from all around. It makes so much sense... circum: around; spect: view. See, I never would have thought of careful thinking as being shy, but I can catch a glimpse of how that might be.

I might be a bit of a nerd.

So, I think it's fairly official: I will not attain my One Chin-Up by Christmas goal. I can't lift one half the weight I need to lift in order to drag my sorry self above the bar. I am not giving up though. I still have the goal, I'm just revising it into reality. It was Pepe's deadline in the first place, and I just went along because I thought he knew what he was talking about. I'm more of a progress person than a results person, anyway. Today I added 5 kilos to my bench, and I started doing some pull-downs on the universal, to help bridge the gap between my current strength and what I want. I'm going to be fucking sore tomorrow, I can tell you that!

5 days.

No comments: