Wednesday, December 06, 2006

buffet

i am starving.

i've been cooking for hours... one massive pot of chicken soup, three cakes... phew. it's a good thing i am a culinary genius.

even though i have been cooking like a fiend, i have only munched on snacks because all this food is for the Trade and Career Show tomorrow and friday at the school. actually, the cakes are for staff members who are leaving. one teacher is leaving friday for a new job in singapore, and our temporary janitor (who i really like!) was not hired permanently, and friday will be her last day. I'll miss having her around. She was very friendly, and has taught me a lot of Inuktitut.

I am going to do something funny with the cakes. i got the shop teacher to cut me a piece of wood the size of a flat cake, and I am going to decorate it with icing. we'll bring out the wooden cake for staff to cut, and it won't work!! hahah. then we'll chop of the good cakes to eat. oooh.. I'm so sneaky!

this friday marks the beginning of an epidemic of leaving teachers. after christmas, there will be three positions open... maybe more. i am uncommitedly hopeful about the replacements. it will cause some disruption at the school. it seems most of the changes are happening in the junior high.

my chin-ups are going well. today we rigged up a milk crate under the bar, and i was able to pull myself up a few inches! ya!!

I hope you all had a great day!

ONLY TWO WEEKS FROM RIGHT NOW I WILL BE IN KINGSTON!! (touch wood)

3 comments:

yelsel said...

you could knock on your wooden cake!

devious said...

tok tok

Anonymous said...

Hee hee hee.
They'll remember the wooden cake thing. That's good.