Monday, December 25, 2006

declaration

Happy Christmas everyone!!

i am happy to report a frying-pan free day.

my parents really appreciated the carvings i brought them from the north. i really appreciated the promise of a badminton racquet. and even though the washcloths provided by santa had little teddy bears on them (hello? I'm 28!) the day has been good.

i find it really amusing that my mom cannot grasp that my tastes have changed in the last 20 years. my bedroom at the parents' is still the pink and roses, white wicker day bed that I chose when I was seven. day beds are just dumb - impossible to change the sheets without scraping your knuckles all up, and then you stretch and stick your feet through the wicker. even when I was seven, the pink and roses motif was totally a poser thing - it was the eighties, Pretty in Pink was all the rage, and I wanted desperately to trade in my tomboy self so i would fit in as a pretty girl. i got over that when i was about eight, but the decor has remained the same.

Last night, my parents' pastor tried to save me again. Oh dear... the poor man. Nod and smile, folks, nod and smile.

Ooooh... one more thing - WHAT'S WITH THIS HAPPY HO-HO!? I'm hearing it everywhere!! I have to say, I was disappointed in my hip hair stylist when he said it. It's kind of like a member of the Royal Family saying 'Mewwy Chwistmas'.

No comments: