Monday, December 18, 2006

idol

christmas concert - check
my homeroom did two numbers: first they did a dance and pantomime to Run, Run Rudolph. Not bad, really. Lots of laughs. I came this close to having to dress up like santa claus. and then they sang Grandma Got Run Over By a Reindeer and did another pantomime. Really funny. The audience was riveted.
so tired.

I think I have isolated why the north is so soul-destroying, and yet addictive. It is a place that drives you away again and again, but then always calls you back. Sort of an abusive relationship, really. But here is what it is: Potential. Squandered potential. Perhaps you think those suburbanites sitting in their houses driving their SUVs to soccer practice are wasting their potential. Perhaps they are. Maybe I've wasted a big chunk of the potential I was born with. But I've still done something, and sometimes I even think what I do makes a difference.

two more days of wingman's mood swings. even after we communicated about communicating, he isn't communicative. enh. je m'en fiche.

it is finally real winter here. hard, styrofoam snow. everything is blue, except when it's black. so cold i gotta put on my longs to walk to the school, and i haven't even been downtown since the temperature plummetted last night. my eyelashes froze together on my way to school after lunch.

2 days.

No comments: