sweet jay-sus! i lost at cards tonight, moy-dea-ah! but we weren't playing for money, so it doesn't matter.
i tinks i be startin' ta pick up de newfanese accent. 'ndeed i do, me'bye.
another night of cards with pepe and sib. oh jay-sus, why do i only have fun here with old folks and quebecers? it's a good thing they don't read this bum-wipe of a blog, or they would stop speaking to me. for a few minutes, anyway.
sad news this afternoon... nurse and her boyfriend may be leaving town after new years. her vacation for christmas wasn't approved, and they won't pay her for teaching a CPR seminar. and so, rightly, she's pissed off. i was privileged this afternoon to a good rant. it was enjoyable, mostly because i haven't heard much unbroken french since i arrived. she's right, too.... this place treats people like a renewable resource. it seems they believe that the bucket will replenish itself every time they dip in. the word will spread, though, that outsiders are shat upon. I really hope they won't leave... they are my only age-bracket friends. pepe and sib are fun, but they show off the way all couples do. every couple needs an audience. i don't begrudge them.
i have no serious thoughts to share. i was mildly surprised, and plenty relieved, that Stéphane Dion won the leadership race today. I admit I don't know much about him, but Ignatieff didn't sit right with me... something about his eyebrows. and Rae, while admirable, would have massive obstacles to overcome in Ontario. I have here some blind, idealistic hope for the newborn Liberal party. hmm.. my own statement surprises me. do you know, I don't think I could put an accurate party-label on my political views? Liberals are stuffy, conservatives are scary, NDP are idealistic slop-buckets, and the Green party... oh yeah. dey be speshul, moy dea-ah.
I am loving my new t-shirts, and wore one this evening. i am a little bit perturbed... pepe was with me when my t-shirts arrived, and i opened up the package and showed him the shirts. he thought they would be too small for me, and tonight stated his surprise, again, that they fit. i wonder... do i look fatter than i am?
hmm... i wonder... are my saturday-night, meandering posts the most fun or the most head-shake-inducing?
Tomorrow I dive back in to my chin-up training. by jay-sus, i must go ta bed!
Sunday, December 03, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
I'm with you on the comments on Liberal convention. Watched it all day today, and have to say that, despite cheering for Rae, I'm content with Dion as leader. Moreover, I'm hoping that the other three will stick with the party (the cabinet?) and form a Liberal party that I can happily support.
it's been a while since I could happily support any political anything. i guess that my idealism lurks mostly in politics... i don't like how i always have to choose the least-harmful option.
So which t-shirts are they? Can you link to the designs?
I've worked all weekend, and my goodness. The store has been just wall-to-wall people, nearly all day. We had four $200 sales today within 1/2 hour of opening! Games night was a total zoo. Everyone's very cheerful, and the energy in the store is great. I hope it holds up, as the staff get fatigued and the shoppers get more desperate...
We had our first snow this weekend, flurries for a few hours Saturday.
I can't translate your newfinese. "Moy dea-ah" I think I've got, but "moy in-tree" I don't.
it's blog talk... my entry, my dear. :)
i will try to link to them... hmm.. if i can be that on the ball...
here's one
, here's
another
,
another
, and
another.
i went a bit nuts, so there are more, but that's a few.
here's hoping the links work!
hm. I'm not great at links when i can't preview. haha... great layout, eh? :p
cool - I've seen the unicorn one (on a guy in Kingston I think) but hadn't seen the others. I like the cloud marionettes.
that's the one I wore to school today!
Post a Comment