Wednesday, March 28, 2007

backboard

a photograph from my last night in k-hole, expressing my unending devotion to the brew. those of you familiar with kingston will easily recognize this, the scene of many enjoyable days and evenings. ah....

i had a blood orange today. i know i've mentioned how i find the lurking violence of the blood orange strangely comforting. it's the name and also the bruise-coloured pulp. i wish the oranges were juicier (and cheaper!) so i could squeeze them for blood orange juice.

another day, another day.

my students are sleepy lately. literally heads-on-desks sleepy. i keep telling them to go to bed earlier... they just give me a knowing smile and say, OK.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really dig the pic....
K-hole? you know that you love it!

my back door is open and I am hear sitting at the kitchen table writing my proposal. I could used some mittens or gloves. or I could close the door. But once you feel the fresh air, you love the feeling. Makes me feel energized!
... I'll close the door when my fingers go blue.

a boy followed me home last night....

devious said...

what??! a boy followed you home? a good boy or a bad boy? in a good way or a bad way? you can't drop a bomb like that without a follow-up email!

no boys followed me home. a puppy did though.

Anonymous said...

just wanted to see your reaction... an email will follow....