Friday, June 23, 2006

flated

de-, un-, inflated.

stupid tire. stupid beck. I should've got it fixed a month ago when it first went flat. I hereby notice and acknowledge my slacker-procrastinator self. I've been needing to take my car in for service, too. Haven't done that, yet, either. And I gotta renew my auto-insurance. Basically, I dislike caring for my car. It bugs me. It should just be there, shining and full of gas, ready to go on adventures. I shouldn't have to maintain it. Gosh. Ha ha... I think I just had a Napoleon Dynamite moment.

So now, impelled by the impellor of necessity, my little dog-smelling car is sitting in the mechanic shop, having its tire fixed. I think I may call at lunch time and see if they would change my oil and check stuff. It's already there... might as well get the whole bit done, right?

Which has me thinking... what in heck should I do with the car next year while I am out of town? I certainly don't need it up there. But it's apparently bad for cars to sit around doing nothing for months on end. Maybe they get fat. Their spare tires get spare tires. ;) haha. oh, I crack me up. But everyone I know who needs a car has one, and besides, it might be sort of strange to loan my car out for the year. What if they did something to it? What if they did nothing to it, but something happened to it - would it affect our friendship? See... it's quite complicated. Ideally, I woud like someone much more responsible than me to borrow and use my car while I'm away. That way it gets used and taken care of.

2 comments:

Rachel said...

Your car smells dogs?!? :)

devious said...

haha... not exactly. I meant to say that my car smells of dogs.

makes me wonder though... maybe my car thinks it has B.O.?