Monday, June 26, 2006

don't read this if you are still planning to see X3

I was a bit disappointed that two strong female roles were effectively killed off in X-Men 3. But I loved the film. I love X-Men. Wolverine is just the guy for me. Except he'd probably kill me. 'Cause I'm too strong. :D

I had some great thoughts, but then I started talking to my mom and now my brain is shut off. Apparently my dad is inciting the wrath of teenage vandals in our neighbourhood.

the dear sweet doggies were little brats on our walk tonight. I am inclined to growl at them a little bit.

OK. back to Jean Gray/the Phoenix and Rogue. It bothers me, the way they both ended. Basically, Jean Gray was too strong and too weak at the same time: her powers were too great, she was too weak to control them. She needed her strong male protector to control her. Can't have desire and joy and rage running loose, can we? Enough said about that. When it comes down it, apparently women are weak? And then Rogue, strangling on her own powers because she wants to touch her boyfriend, goes and becomes less than herself for her own happiness. Sorry... you probably can't hear the ironic glint on my voice. But... well you can't just cut a part of yourself off to make things easier. Ask a eunuch.

And yet, I loved this movie. I'll need to see it again, obviously. And I'm hoping there is a better interpretation of this script.

No comments: