New book: Cry, the Beloved Country. I can't believe I've never read this one before. I'm a little less than halfway through, and while I'm still reaching for the plot, I'm totally absorbed.
Sundays are long and inclined to be tedious, as everyone is involved in home-oriented tasks on Sundays. Relaxing Sundays at home are grand, unless you are a (somewhat reluctant) loner like myself.
I have plenty of alone-activities I could do: read, paint, draw, listen to music, watch a movie, go for a run, do some work, etc. Really what I want is some company and conversation and maybe even a little excitement. At the very least, some anonymity.
The roads here are just about clear of ice, and I think I will start going for some runs soon. I have been putting it off because I didn't want to wipe out, but I think now is a good time to get it started. I can use the ridiculously early sunrise as my aid, too. If I leave my blinds open, I'll be fully awake by five, and I can go for a run and then enjoy a nice cup of tea or coffee and still be early to school. And if I am up that early, I can even claim a bit of public privacy, since really no one gets up that early around here. If they are awake, I am sure they aren't my students. There is something that sucks the enjoyment out of an activity if you know you are going to be asked about it Monday morning. The line here between work and private lives is dangerously blurred.
Sunday, May 06, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment