Thursday, May 10, 2007

angels and featherbeds

Is it flaky to write a post about snowflakes?

It's been warmer here of late. I guess spring is springing. Anyway, warmer weather brings more snow. Yesterday, while I was walking home from school, I glanced at the ground to be sure I wouldn't fall because it's slippery. I noticed that I could see the distinctive shape and structure of the snowflakes as they fell through the air, and even as they lay on the ground even from five feet away! Check them out: have you ever seen so many large and perfect snowflakes?

I wish I had a macro lens. I could have taken some fantastic photos. I suggested it to wingman, but I think he was actually offended that I would suggest such a thing. He thinks I don't know anything about photography.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

That picture is so beautiful! WOW! The details.... just imagine the beauty if we just looked a little closer... I think there is a lesson in that!

spectacular!

devious said...

=) thanks melissa!

you know... i stupidly tried to call you tonight. i forgot it was TV night. silly beck.

justin said...

Silly Wingman!

Anonymous said...

Those are INSANE! Are those big ones like 2" across?! That's just nuts. Do you get that kind of giant snow often up there? Kuh-razy.

devious said...

YES! I actually suffered a cut to my forehead when one blew into me on the way home, and another cut on my lip when i tried to catch one in my mouth. who knew snowflakes could be so deadly?

TEAM RICHKA said...

i think your photo is beautiful as it is. it's raw, and juxtaposed with the wood it rocks my world.