We sat out on the front stoop because it was warm, and welcomed throngs of trick or treaters. Including a little girl who was hugely, hugely fat. So fat it had to have been a glandular disorder of some kind. Eyes barely visible in her face, fat. And adorable and very, very shy. Probably 8 or 9, I would guess. She came shyly up to us, sitting on the stoop, and I was guessing what her costume was (a fancy yellow dress and odd hat -- I guessed princess, singer,...). So I finally said, with a big smile, ok, I'm not figuring it out, so what are you dressed as? And she grinned and looked down, and couldn't speak. For so long that I thought, maybe she literally can't speak and has some developmental problem. But no she finally got it out: "can-can dancer". She was a Parisian music hall dancer. Awesome, very sweet, a great bold choice for this little girl who's obviously a little shy and probably gets teased in school etc. I've been thinking about her since.
Also, we discovered that children don't want banana flavored Laffy Taffy. At the end of the night we had a bowl of just that, and kids would literally refuse it.
6 comments:
i think you're insane :p
hahahah :)
likewise, you twit.
I think that it is bold and spectacular!
more more! i want more!
Awesome!
We sat out on the front stoop because it was warm, and welcomed throngs of trick or treaters. Including a little girl who was hugely, hugely fat. So fat it had to have been a glandular disorder of some kind. Eyes barely visible in her face, fat. And adorable and very, very shy. Probably 8 or 9, I would guess. She came shyly up to us, sitting on the stoop, and I was guessing what her costume was (a fancy yellow dress and odd hat -- I guessed princess, singer,...). So I finally said, with a big smile, ok, I'm not figuring it out, so what are you dressed as? And she grinned and looked down, and couldn't speak. For so long that I thought, maybe she literally can't speak and has some developmental problem. But no she finally got it out: "can-can dancer". She was a Parisian music hall dancer. Awesome, very sweet, a great bold choice for this little girl who's obviously a little shy and probably gets teased in school etc. I've been thinking about her since.
Also, we discovered that children don't want banana flavored Laffy Taffy. At the end of the night we had a bowl of just that, and kids would literally refuse it.
that story is so sweet. :) banana flavoured laffy taffy sweet.
it's amazing how picky kids are about the gifts they get, eh? haha
Post a Comment