Monday, September 03, 2007

*click click click*

OMG. What a week. :)

So, I'm back up here, where the streets have no name. My flights yesterday were fine - smooth as a stagnant pond, on-time and we even landed here 15 minutes early because we were on the new plane. However, my dad and I had a little adventure getting to the airport... haha... I can laugh now, but I almost had a hairy conniption fit. So here's

Teh Story.
My alarm went off at 4:15am on September 2nd, and I woke right up and only lingered in the warm bed for one snooze-button period. I got up, got dressed, packed up the cooler and dog's bits and bites, packed up the overnight bag, put my cell phone in my purse, and did the other gotta-catch-a-plane things while my dad got his necessary coffee and let the dogs out to pee. By 5:05am we are sitting in the minivan, dogs, bags, and everything, and I turn the key. And the engine makes a very disobliging *click click click* sound. It doesn't even try to start. My stomach drops and I try again. Nothing. I think to myself, "what in the fucking hell am I going to do if I miss this plane?"

I won't drag out the details, but after 15 minutes of arguing (it's my dad and me - we're built to argue) and trying to solve the problem, the neighbour comes over and saves us. He's a mechanic. sort of. Anyway, the battery was apparently a little bit tapped - not enough so that the lights or anything looked dim, but enough that the engine wouldn't even make a decent effort. My dad ended up driving the whole way, and we made the flight with time to spare. I tell you though - I had a hard time relaxing after that first early-morning scare.
*the end*

Things I miss already:
1. warm breezes
2. having bare legs and feet and arms (see #1.)
3. beer (duh, do you know me at all?)
4. my friends
5. the feeling that there is somewhere to go and something to do
6. having green and yellow hair.

I'm glad right now that I didn't give up on this place after the disaster of last year. I don't like to leave with a bad taste in my mouth.

No comments: