Tuesday, June 17, 2008

pink

I dislike the phrase "to help me get through the day." I really dislike it. It implies that something makes it unlikely the person will survive the day, which is a touch melodramatic for our soft North American lifestyles.

Speaking of which, I bought white bread today. Not a nice French loaf, just a loaf of discount supermarket Wonderbread-substitute. I also bought 18 eggs, a bag of apples and oranges, milk, bananas, grapes and strawberries. I bought bagels and hash browns, too. If you're thinking that sounds like a breakfast to die for, you're right. It is not, however, a breakfast to get out of bed on a rainy day and go to school for. I had planned a big breakfast-and-study session for my science class today, and they all contributed their spare change for weeks (we raised 50 bucks!). I was sure that several of them would come, but no luck. I was disappointed. The four of us who did show up had a feasting fun time. Everything's not lost.

Finally, I was wakened up by an intense downpour of rain this morning shortly after 5. It was incredibly loud - and this coming from me who grew up under a steel roof every summer. When I looked out the window, I could barely see the other buildings for the sheer volume of rain falling. More concentrated than a bathroom shower head.

No comments: