
It still looked this way at 7:30 when I went for a run.
Then I met this NHL hockey player. Do you know who he is?

And then this is what the bridge looked like at 10 tonight.


If you look closely under the far end of the new bridge, you can see the water is flowing out from under the supports - 90 degrees from the direction it is supposed to flow. The river is clearly flowing under the land. There are sinkholes developing on the other side of the river, getting dangerously close to the housing units over there.
In this view you can see the difference between how the river used to look (the near cheerful looking creek) and how it looks now (the small canyon further away).

INSANE!!!!
3 comments:
This is amazing! I've been away from the blog for a week, and wow - what a week!
Would you mind if I eventually sent some of these to my colleague who teaches geology here?
We are looking at houses to maybe buy, here. Hard decisions; a few pretty good options each with its own possibly-fatal flaw. But we get to snoop around other people's houses, which is always interesting.
sure, i have lots more pics i didn't post, too. if it's helpful, i could email the full-size images to you.
my mom is all after me to write a story and send it to the local papers down south...
remember that book we read last summer. the one written as emails? they both LOVED sinkholes :)
Post a Comment