there is a week in a woman's month when she is on top of the world. it comes after the week of crazy-bitch-ness, which follows the week of the Lonely Hearts Parade, and it comes before the "normal" week. i've never been able to decide if the Top of the World Week is a phenomenon in its own right, or if it's just the incredible relief of no longer having PMS.
This is my Top of the World Week, and it is culminating with a fun chat with some of my students, sunshine, the realization I have only 2 weeks of classes left, AND the arrival of a KILOGRAM OF SWEET CHERRIES in my foodmail!! so fantastic. I love cherries any time, but especially after an Arctic winter. I haven't even had a tomato for two weeks because there were none at the store. My fridge is now stocked full of all kinds of fresh fruit and veggies, including the aforementioned cherries (minus a big bowlful) and several stems of rhubarb for a strawberry-rhubarb thing I plan to make this weekend.
wow. i'm totally spun. i wonder if someone spiked my coffee with speed....
Friday, May 30, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
how was your food mail delivery? was everything packed well?
i CAN'T believe this is JUNE and you only have a couple weeks left of school. CRAZY!
everything was well-packed, nothing smushed, melted or frozen.
I'm so psyched for summer.
Post a Comment