Friday, May 16, 2008

i want summer

i wonder if there is a creation myth with a pineapple as the forbidden fruit.

I finished my online course last night. What a relief to have that done and over with! I'm totally exhausted - i worked on it every night after school for a week and last night i didn't get to bed until well after midnight. but it's done! and in a few weeks I will have certification for ESL - 1. :)

I'm really surprised that I have actually taken courses since graduation. I really thought I wouldn't. I really thought that the crap load of useless courses I took in teachers' college was enough. Not so! Since graduating I have taken three courses, and I have plans (evil, evil plans) to take a fourth this fall. With any luck, all this extra credit work should help me to get a job when I come home next spring. Wherever 'home' may be.

The twisted ugly part of this course taking is that I actually enjoy some of them. I appreciate that they sometimes challenge me and sometimes make me think. I only took this course for the paper qualification, and in spite of myself and my best intentions to hate ESL1, I learned a lot about teaching my own students right now. How weird is that?

No comments: