Tuesday, December 04, 2007

cash

my iPod is broken. it won't power up at all - won't recognize when i plug it in. won't hold any sort of charge, won't even operate while plugged in. :( i am deeply disappointed. i'm not one of those headphone people who walks around in a music fog all day. instead, i am someone who gets out of bed and out the door better with good music in my ears. i even bought a special iPod alarm clock this summer, so my songs and playlists of choice wake me up and get me going. much better than rapid inuktitut and accordian music (our only radio option) or beep beep beep. you know what i say to that, alarm clock? BEEP you too. fucker.

so, the only remedy i can see is to buy myself a new iPod. normally, i'd just order it online and have it sent up here, (no PST usually balances the cost of shipping). BUT, where i'm heading down in EXACTLY TWO WEEKS FROM RIGHT NOW, it won't get here before i go i think. though it would be nice to have a music option for the holidays - driving around, buses, planes and so on. i will investigate. those new nanos are some fucking cute is what i say.

i am irritated by my new fabric softener sheets. static is a worse problem here than anywhere i've been before, so i need something. but i find the scent pretty strong for the first 24 hours after the stuff comes out of the dryer. i will buy some new stuff while i'm south.

it's safe to say that the darkness is getting to me.

i got cash this afternoon for the first time in months, and it's already gone. i think mom and dad will like their present.
Well, you know I have a love; a love for everyone I know.
And you know I have a drive, to live I won't let go.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I thouhgt of you today in the supermarket - they were playing jazzy-crooner Christmas music, and I was thinking happy thoughts of dancing around to Santa Baby...

Also, seriously:
rapid inuktitut and accordian music

That is awesome. I can imagine that I wouldn't think that if I had to listen to it all the time, but still.

devious said...

yeah, you really wouldn't. inuktitut is a very guttural language. i imagine you might think someone was choking on a chicken bone and laughing about it.

devious said...

but i like that you think it's cool from maryland. :D