Sunday, March 02, 2008

this time it was handwarmers

i always lose a piece of my personal property when i go through security, so i packed and prepared very carefully this time. i put all my liquids and gels in the little baggie, i made sure i had no jack knife in my coat pocket, and i wore my belt with the removable buckle to make the remove-your-belt-please-ma'am easier. and when i got to the security door, i proactively removed said buckle, all the change from my pockets, my laptop from the bag, and the little baggie full of liquids and gels. Then I walked through the security doorway.

No beeps.

I went to collect my stuffs, only to find my parka being held hostage. I knew I had nothing forbidden in that parka, so I was surprised.

Yes, they took my handwarmers. Those little packets of iron filings that you can shake and they produce heat. A sort of exothermic reaction in a little plastic pouch. Apparently they can catch on fire. So they took them.

Fucking power-tripping security bastards. I hope they're sorry when I get frostbite. Come ON!! fuckers.

Anyway.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

presumably these same offensive objects were in your pockets on the trip down? i don't imagine you picked them up in the south. interesting. they took my alarm clock from my checked baggage.

devious said...

they were indeed. they're extremely strict in iqaluit, so i'm surprised that they didn't catch it.

they took your alarm clock from your checked luggage?? that's like stealing, basically, isn't it? it's not like alarm clocks are explosive or anything... wtf?