Check this out.
I've been waiting to post because I was expecting to receive pictures from last weekend's ski trip along the fjord. It was an awesome trip - we drove the truck down onto the fjord, picking carefully through the pressure ridges, and drove a ways towards the Park. When we couldn't drive any further, we stopped and got ourselves and the dogs out and skiied even further towards the Park. It was an illegal activity, which I love, because we never registered and some of us didn't have permits. Oops! It wasn't intentional, but once we got there I realized it had been the intention all along. I like borderline illegality and civil disobedience. It was a beautiful day, if incredibly cold. The sun was shining its face off. Fantastic.
Our student teacher has arrived and she is also cool. Funny girl. And she's not in her early twenties, so I don't feel ancient. She has the same taste in food as me, so that's fun. We've been enjoying fine cheeses and she always makes a big pot of coffee in the morning, so I can have a leisurely cup before school.
The days are slipping by between me and the end of my twenties... less than three weeks left :(
I can't account for why I'm so shocked to arrive on the doorstep of thirty. I think it must be that if I was asked in the abstract what should be the priorities of a thirty year old, and what lifestage they should be at, I would see that I'm not where I should be. But on the other hand, I'm content. Not outrageously happy or anything - you don't need to envy my life - but I'm happy enough. I enjoy my job, I like my house, I live in a beautiful place. Am I supposed to buy into the idea that the right guy, a baby and a house of my own will boost me into Joy?
When I get the pics from skiing, I'll post them for you.
And I'm sad because Jonathan just had to leave Survivor on account of his infected knee.
Thursday, March 13, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
you should celebrate your entry into the 30's! just think, you didn't fall into the traps that so many 20's do - like marrying the wrong person or having a meaningless job just out of cowardice. 30 marks the age when you're still young and yet have a nugget of wisdom about yourself and life. something to celebrate, eh?
yay me. i've been able to negotiate myself out of every mediocre relationship so far! woohoo. :P
is it possible to have a meaningful job out of cowardice? if it is, check that box for me.
Post a Comment