Saturday, March 08, 2008

iterate

Why does the fact that people make other people astound me so deeply?

I mean no offense by this, but when I see photos of my university friends with their babies (especially those I haven't met yet), it just seems bizarre to me. it's like everyone is playing a very serious game of dress up. How can I possibly have friends who are parents? How is it possible that someone from my past could possibly be mature enough to bring new life into the world and then continue to be responsible for it for 18+ years? I continue to think about this subject the way I did when I was 16 - baby-raising should be left to the professionals. Because if all my friends can be having babies, I could probably have one too. That is paralyzing.

In other news, I took my new winter running shoes (with cleats to pierce the crazy ice!) for a run down to the post office and back. I had to stop a few times... once because my lungs
got intimidated by the cold air (it's -30 these days, but supposed to warm up to -23/-24 soon), once because there was ice under deep, loose snow, and my cleats couldn't grip, and once because it's a big effing hill and I was tired! gar!

These winter runners of mine are the coolest things evar. lavender and apple green with cleats. very very cool.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

i'm about to have a cow, is that astounding? moooo...

devious said...

KATE HAD A COW, EVERYBODY!!!!

woooHOOOOO!!

congrats! :D

Anonymous said...

Kate rulezz, and is highly sought-after.

devious said...

indeed. way cooler than my new running shoes.

Unknown said...

awe shucks. moo. wah eeeough. (oops, confusing my animals.)

devious said...

hahaha... goofy kate