Tuesday, March 04, 2008

moovin' right along...

Mark it on your calendars, folks. March 9 has apparently been declared “Get Over It” Day. I can’t believe it’s coming up right when I need it. So cool. I’m planning to get over a whole bunch of things, including the disposal of my hand-warmers.

I did something new today: I wrestled my ass out of bed at 6:25, got dressed, and skied across the fjord. It felt good to know I already had a wicked workout behind me, before I even started my day. I’m not going to lie, I found it hard. Cross-country skiing is a pretty intense workout on an empty stomach when you’re half asleep. But it’s also really quiet out there at that time. This morning’s ski won’t be repeated every day, maybe not even every week, although, I hope it will be. It’s part of my new secret plan.

We have a student teacher arriving this weekend from Nova Scotia. She’s going to stay at our house for a month. I think it will be good to have a third body around – I hope she likes dogs!

I’m wearing new purple and black striped knee socks today.
let's see if we can do this in one toke take

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Skiing across the fjord to start the day. Ok, so jealous. Not that I would get up and do that ever, but I would think about it SO hard.

Mmmm. Cross country skiing.

devious said...

:D it was awesome. i almost went again today - my alarm went off and everything - but i have souvenir blisters and so i didn't.

ps i love that you would think about it SO hard. hahahaha!!! you totally would, too!

Unknown said...

i heart the song reference.

Anonymous said...

hey, devious, did you know that kate has good news?

devious said...

really????
i bet it's what i think it is, Kate!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! :D
yahoo!!!

i think you'll find i'm NOT SURPRISED :)

Unknown said...

awe shucks. you'll come and visit, eh?

Unknown said...

btw. secret plan? what is this secret plan? can you leak some details? i love secret plans.

devious said...

of course i'll come and visit! as soon as dude is gone. congrats again! :D

secret plan is secret. there may be accidental leaks, i'm not perfect. on a related note, i'd like to apologize for the stupidity of people in journalism and government who have bombed obama's campaign a little bit.

fact is, ctv is a very conservative network, and they'd prefer the more conservative clinton over obama.

yelsel said...

now I want to know kate's big news. you girls are too cryptic. you're all taking like everyone knows what you're talking about :p

devious said...

we're talking about kate's JOB OFFER!!!! woooooP!!