Thursday, December 18, 2008

countdown

Well, I am poised on the night before the last day of school before the break. I cannot wait to get out for a couple of weeks. This place is making me crazy.

Tonight was the Christmas Concert, and I am so happy to report that it is over.

It's strange... I am so excited to go that I am feeling disconnected from my surroundings. And yet, at the same time, I'm so tired that I wish I was staying here for the weekend so I could sleep before hitting the south.

It's been unreal, the amount of time I have been spending at work. I don't mean to dwell on it - I know I have mentioned it before. It's just that I have always been really good at setting limits and drawing a line in the sand to say, "enough, this part of my life is for me." I haven't been doing that this year, and I'm paying for it. Instead I've been at the school until all hours, weekends and everything. And the reason? I'm not motivated to do anything for me right now. The Me part of my life is pretty much flat-line.

Hahaha... how silly. I'm already starting to think of new years' resolutions. Like how about a maximum of 50 hours per week at work, whether in the school or out?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The house is beautiful!
I hope your trip south is safe and hassle-free. Are you going to Fla or other warm places?

devious said...

Thanks!
And no, nothing warmer than a tanning bed or a whirlpool, alas.
Still, I have a warm heart right now because one of my favourite students just dropped by to give me a Christmas present and a big hug, and to tell me to have fun. Complete sweetheart.