Tuesday, November 13, 2007

safety orange

I started a post on the weekend, but never really got around to finishing it. It was about settling. About how really, I am a settled person. In spite of my constant moving and lack of clue pertaining the future. It seems ironic now, since I'm feeling extremely unsettled and antsy today. I'm irritable. At the same time as I am irritated about a million little things, I do have the presence of mind to recognize that this mood will pass. So after all, I am like a house. I'm settling into myself. Little pressures cause small revelations like a piece of the floor sinking to rest more securely on its supports. And the sound a house makes while settling is the same. A soft "oh."

Skool sucked today. The kids were hyper and I just wasn't up to it. Later this week we have a two-day seminar about Language of Instruction. It's bound to be, at the best, extremely tedious. At worst it'll be another two-day session of Bad Whitey. It is, after all, my fault that middle aged rich white men made certain decisions 60 years ago.

I didn't get to go to Yellowknife. My leave was not approved - even without pay. I'm disappointed. I can't help but feel like I wouldn't currently have the blues had I gone away for a weekend. I hate these times when I feel like a hostage. I wish I could drive home for a visit.

No comments: