Thursday, November 08, 2007

decoder ring

This is a good life.

Today is the first time ever that someone has expressed a kind of envy of my northern life. A few of you have said you’d love to see what it’s all about, but in general the vibe is that the north is bad for me in the long run. Still I say on the whole, it is a good life.

When I think of how unhappy I was last year, it was really not much worse than how bad I felt my last year in Kingston. Every year has its redeeming points, every year has its pits of despair. It’s the day-to-day that makes us happy or sad, and almost every day here lets me go to sleep with a smile on my face.

In other news, I slashed the hell out of my thumb last night while cooking a fantastic beef-barley-vegetable soup. The soup was great. My thumb looks like hell. I sliced almost all the way down to the bone. It’s definitely through the dermis, into whatever’s underneath that. ew. And then I went and kicked ass at Cranium.

We had our student council election yesterday. It was a very stressful day for me, since I’m the fool who said she’d be the student advisor. But we all came out ok. I was only called a bitch once. We had 8 candidates for three positions; 6 good speeches and 2 fantastic ones; a pizza lunch, upbeat music, an attentive student audience, well-organized voting and no fights. I’m so proud of the kids. They were all so nervous, but they did great. Our first project is improving the terrible pep rallies for the sports teams as they leave for tournaments. Our second is to be an on-going project to help kids stay in school.

2 comments:

justin said...

Awesome. That is all. :)

devious said...

awesome that i slashed all hell out of my thumb? :P