Friday, March 06, 2009

grass skirts and coconut bras

Another exciting night in the arctic - I'm home watching TLC's What Not to Wear. I love it. I am slightly ashamed.

I want to shop!! I have a few pieces of wardrobe that I am very keen to acquire. It's funny that it took to age 30, and living in the middle of nowhere, to get into the fashion thing. I actually do my hair and makeup every day before school. Somehow I've become the teacher with the cool clothes, the wicked hair. Before it would have been fakery to attempt it, but now it's fun. Sometimes I miss the ponytail, t-shirt and jeans self, but then I can just have a ponytail day and it's more satisfying.

Shoes, too. Way more enjoyable than I ever imagined. Once upon a time I would definitely have mocked these women who spend hundreds on shoes. Now I am one of them. Like, not hundreds on one pair... hundreds on shoes period.

I'm going to go play with my makeup and attempt to watch that new wedding dress show. It's sort of tempting fate, since wedding shows typically give me nightmares.

Specifically I want a kelly green short-sleeved blouse or sweater with a jewel folded neckline and a good waist. That, together with a grey pencil skirt or maybe even a nice pleated skirt and some awesome boots. yum. Who thinks about these things? I feel like a freak. But a happy-in-fashion-daydreams freak.

update: wedding show is not going well. who spends hours and hours and thousands of dollars picking just the right white dress?

1 comment:

Anne said...

I love that show too! Nothing to be ashamed of, since they do give at least some actual information there.

In news from the southland: we have bought a house! today! We're moving in this Saturday.

How are you? Maybe you are visiting The Floridian?? You could get some good J-Lo fashion shopping in down there.