Friday, April 17, 2009

freeze-thaw

shame on me!! I've been ignoring the outside world for nearly a month.

Quite a few things have been going on, though nothing particularly earth shattering. My work has been consuming days and days, so that suddenly I find myself more than half through April! Since my last post, I have had midterms and reports, parent-teacher interviews, a birthday (!Gasp!) and a trip to Florida.

Enough of my blabber, here are some pics:

Lotsa turtles. All of them just sitting there like (ha, ha) bumps on a log!
Cypress trees with moss at Wakulla Springs.
bizarre and crazy rave-like tunnel between concourses at the Detroit airport. The walls are the source of the light, which changes colour constantly, like some of those screensavers. Also, womb-like music of the type you might associate with an acid trip if you'd never been on one. Wave-like, rave-like, and totally unexpected in Detroit, of all places! (MUCH better than Memphis! and Charlotte, for that matter. YUCK.)
totally psychedelic!
Looks almost like snow, ew? beautiful...
I was reluctant to leave the beach even though it was windy and chilly and I was definitely sunburnt.
Testing out the macro (!) on my new camera :)
my gracious hostess and winglady, Kate:
this should be clear to anyone who knows me:
OK, this really is snow - across the fjord at the Kullik Picnic that the school holds each April to celebrate Hamlet Day. This was the day before I left for Tallahassee.
Polar bear tracks. My hand there can give you an idea of the size of those paws!
This is what an igloo looks like after it's been sitting in the sun for two months. Intact, but slumpy.
Another shot of the bear-track.
Me and Kimmie, back when my hairs were still red and brown.

1 comment:

ak said...

oh man, florida looked awesome! such a perfect break from the snow and cold, i'm sure. what's your new hair like?! ps. that paw print is scary-huge.