Sunday, July 13, 2008

streak

wow, i suck.

things got really fast there for a while and then i was south and i have no idea what-all has been filling my time.

since my last post:
  • I bought a car. A nice shiny subaru.
  • I spent a lot of time and money in Toronto.
  • I reacquainted myself with the TTC.
  • I found some utterly fantastic blue and yellow sneakers.
  • I found a great new kennel for the dogs in the GTA - sparkling clean and the owner races huskies.
  • I hung out with Kate and met her crazy Russian friend from Texas. Have fun in cali!
  • I ate a lot of really great restaurant curry and naan. I really need a good Indian curry recipe that I can make myself. It never turns out right when I do it.
  • I met up with a few old friends and was surprised, both in good and bad ways.
  • I got my summer haircut. I think you'll be surprised.

Consider this my late warning that I'll mostly be on hiatus until Labour Day. I might post now and then, we'll see what the summer brings.

have a good one, take care.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bought a car! Woot!

New haircut: we need pictures.

Hung with Kate and ate good curry: jealous.

Things here: good, we travelled (went snorkeling in the Caribbean and it was f-ing awesome; went to Ithaca to work on dissertation, which went fairly well) and are thinking about buying a house.

Need haircut pics. Are you going to Wolfe Island festival?

devious said...

I will post pics when i have some... haven't taken any yet (!) can you even believe it?

ya, i'm going to the Wolfe Island MF. you?? puh-LEASE!? you probably heard that kate bailed... something about "california" and this "guy".. i dunno. it's all very suspicious.

the caribbean sounds excellent.

Unknown said...

greetings from cali! the pooh and i arrived safe and sound after i spent a week hanging out with spencer and a truck load of number theorists. (they can really let the nerd out.)

Anonymous said...

So this week, we made an offer on a house and it was rejected. That's the big news from here.

Getting to the point of making the offer: big huge dramatic scary deal, two days of basically wall-to-wall panic and stress. At the end of it I was red-eyed and shaking with exhaustion, and our super-nice real estate agent ended up taking me out for a sandwich because Spencer's out of town and I think he could tell that I was inches from losing it altogether.)

Getting the offer rejected: actually kind of a relief, because they chose another offer which was higher than we would have gone (so no worry about "what if we had started higher"), and no worry about "holy shit what are we doing spending this much on a house that might need a bunch of work".

Status quo is ok.

Spencer's at next math conference (he reports that he's tired of trying to sustain conversation with mathematicians). I'm in MD trying to work on diss. It's sort of looking like WI festival is a longshot for me now. I don't know how the summer goes by with so little getting done.

Anonymous said...

Hey Kate, did you feel the earthquake yesterday? (7.29)

Unknown said...

belated comment... yeah. i felt that quake. the pooh and i looked at each other in wonder. then i realized that the lamp was doing a little dance. it was kinda fun. back in toronto. did manage to give beck a hellova send off night though!

devious said...

ow my head...