I am told that I am a slacker for having neglected the blog. Whoops! I have regained my balance after the suicide. There was another only two weeks later, but thankfully that one did not touch me so closely. The kids had a really rough couple of weeks, and the funeral was awful. I had a number of really good conversations.
I'm currently moving from the 3-bedroom unit I've shared with 3 strong and interesting personalities to the smaller, 2-bedroom unit my friends used to live in. As I unpacked some boxes today, I really liked how my new place is taking shape. There's something about knowing that a space is yours to design that lets you take a deep breath and really relax. No one can just walk into that place, and that makes me super happy. If there is a ring in the bathtub, I know it's my soap scum and scudge. High five for evicting repulsive old hippies!
Aside from that, I've been wrapping up the year. I won't bore you with the details, but I will say that Graduation was beautiful this year. The biggest piece of stress on my plate right now is relating to the leadership group. I need to make all these official proposals for funding, and I feel completely out of my element. I'm much better at the big picture than the details. Details make me anxious, though I suppose I'm perfectly capable and no more likely to fuck them up than anyone else. It looks like I'll be the grade 12 teacher next year, too.
Saturday, June 27, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
http://www.thelongestwayhome.com/
Hi!
I spoke to Miss K who says you're still in the southern reaches. I found this blog which immediately made me think of you (in some ways). Thinking of you down here!
thanks for the link, anne. I just checked out the blog... so far i'm curious about this dude, and also want to shake him a bit. i feel like he's looking for his own soul, but outside his body.
i'll read some more of it next time i have insomnia. :)
am i ever going to see you again? :D we really ought to meet up sometime. a big hug to you and hi to spencer too!
Post a Comment