Sorry for not posting much... There just isn't much post-worthy that's going on at the moment. I'm house- and dog-sitting for the next few weeks. It's a bit of a riot, since they have this small indoor dog named Billy who is very needy. He sits on top of me whenever he can, and every morning I find him sleeping in bed with me. This morning he even had his head on my pillow! It's a bit of an adjustment - sort of like having a really cuddly, hairy, midget boyfriend.
And then there is the advent of incredibly dry skin. Youch. Any suggestions? It seems like it gets worse every year.
It is official - I will be going on the trip to Costa Rica with the kids. Should be a fun, busy time. I'm looking forward to it, though I fully expect to be wiped out for a week afterward. I'm super excited.
I hope to get out this weekend, skiing or hiking. There might even be some pictures in it :) I'm always stunned by how beautiful the night sky is here, even without the aurora. It's best when there is a clear night with a full moon, because then everything glows cerulean blue. But even when there are just stars, you can see the mountains glowing in every direction. When I get back from Costa Rica, the sun will have just returned to the other side of the fjord.
I got a pretty new shirt over the break. It's navy blue with white pinstripes, and it nips in with smocking at the waist. It makes me feel all girly, and makes my hair look redder.
It's -31°C.
Tuesday, January 13, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
there's supposed to be some solar winds arriving on saturday or sunday... keep yer eyes peeled! we live vicariously through you ya know!
sorry... for those who don't already know this... northern lights are basically caused by particles carried by solar winds hitting earth's atmosphere... I'm sure someone can give ya a more accurate description, but that's the basic idea...
Costa Rica!! When are you going? I am very jealous. What environments will you be in (they have coast and rain forest etc i think)?
Also I love the word "smocking". We should all try to use it more.
:) I'm so glad you like "smocking". I also really like it. It reminds me of the good parts of my childhood.
we leave on feb 10. pretty exciting!
amers, i'll keep my eyes open for spectacular aurorae, but i'm sure not standing out there with my camera - it's cold out there!
hi again! ah, the fuzzy midget (girl)-friend. it's the best! my midget is snoring in the other room. it's been alarmingly cold here. everyone's talking about it. it got down to 22F (-6C). that's below freezing for those of you that don't know. today it's a chilly 55F (13C) i might need a sweater or something. i think i'm going to buy a kayak so i can go exploring next weekend.
Post a Comment